American Canoe Association
Join Us on the Water
WHAT IS THE ACA ATLANTIC DIVISION?
The ACA Atlantic Division is where all kinds of human-powered boaters in the NYC area connect to learn and paddle together.
Our members “get on the water” all over NYC, Northern NJ and Southern NY.
Some join local clubs, for instruction and group trips. Others paddle solo. Many visit the ACA’s private camp on Lake Sebago, just north of NYC – an exclusive benefit of ACA membership.
If you live in the area and are already an ACA member – then you’re part of the Atlantic Division! And we’ve been in existence since 1888.
Our members support the American Canoe Association’s mission of promoting the benefits of canoeing and other paddle sports through Safety, Education and Instruction; Athletic Competition; Conservation and Public Policy; and Recreation.
Join us today!
Respect and Dignity
“a community that recognizes that we each have something valuable to contribute.“
The ACA is committed to an environment in which participants, members and guests, as well as organizations they represent, feel welcome at all times and are treated with respect and dignity. We believe that all people are entitled to enjoy all aspects of paddling. Therefore, we expect that relationships among all who are involved in ACA sanctioned events and structures as leaders, committee participants, instructors and coaches, students, and competitors by are free of harassment, discrimination, or diminution of individuals for simply who they are, their values and their customs. The ACA seeks to be a community that recognizes that we each have something valuable to contribute.
What the ACA does and stands for
Founded in 1880, the American Canoe Association (ACA) is a 501(c)(3) national nonprofit organization serving the broader paddling public by providing education related to all aspects of paddling; stewardship support to help protect paddling environments; and sanctioning of programs and events to promote paddlesport competition, exploration and recreation.
The ACA believes it is our role to:
- Provide the general public with FUN paddlesport opportunities
- Make paddling education and instruction accessible
- Improve access to all paddling venues
- Expand paddlesport to people of all abilities and to the underserved
- Influence stewardship issues and public policy that affect paddlers and the paddling experience
- Promote paddlesports competition at the local, regional and national levels
- Create strategic alliances with clubs and other organizations that represent the outdoor experience in order to expand awareness and knowledge of paddlesport
- Communicate the benefits of canoeing, kayaking, rafting and stand up paddleboarding as healthy lifetime recreation activities
The heart of the ACA is the people who paddle, cherish and protect the rivers, lakes, streams, bays and oceans of the United States and beyond.